Will hand Sanitizers result in Dry Skin?
The connection between our hands and the spread of respiratory viruses
We are still in the Flu Season and to compound matters the world is experiencing a catastrophic respiratory Corona Virus called Covid-19.
Respiratory viruses are spread from person to person in various ways namely:
- Touching surfaces previously touched by an individual who is ill with the virus
- Caring for an individual who has the virus
- Being in close proximity to an infected person who is coughing and sneezing without the proper hygiene
As we learn more about this new Corona virus the messages have been going out about hand washing, cough and sneeze etiquette, social distancing and wearing a face mask.
Clean hands save lives
Clean hands save lives and there are two sure ways to keep your hands clean i.e.
- Washing with soap and water
- Cleaning hands with an alcohol based hand sanitizer
The preferred way to keep hands clean is of course washing with soap and water. Soap breaks down the fatty coating around the virus and the virus dies. Water and soap are not always available and so an alcohol based hand sanitizer achieves the same germicidal action. The hand sanitizer should have at least 60% alcohol.
Frequent hand washing with soap dries the natural moisture from the skin. Similarly frequent use of an alcohol based hand sanitizer removes the natural moisture from the skin which leaves the skin dry over time.
A hand sanitizer with a moisturizer
B Healthy B Well hand sanitizer is a practical solution to protect your hands from drying while disinfecting them.
Instruction on how to use our product for the best result
- Apply the B Healthy B Well hand sanitizer to the palm of one hand (the equivalent of a quarter).
- Gently rub hands together for 20 seconds.
- Ensure the gel covers all the surfaces of your hands and fingers. Air dry your hands.
Our company understands how important it is at this time to keep you, family, co-workers and customers safe. We also know that dry hands make you appear older that you are.
B Healthy B Well hand sanitizer does not compromise on the quality and efficacy of our product.
We are happy to play our part in promoting hand hygiene during this Covid-19 pandemic.
Your health and wellness is our concern.